Non-existent happy face
Sooo busy and tired and sleepy all the time. Is this what adulthood and aging all about? Spent most of Labour Day in the office but I actually like the solitude and work is always a good distraction. I usually work from home on weekends on holidays but too many first world problems these days:
1. Laptop has been lagging like crazy (too many photos, no time to sort)
2. Mouse keeps freezing so I have to keep re-plugging
3. Internet kept going down last night
4. Phone is running out of space and has to be charged practically 24/7
Too troublesome to replace stuff and I’m trying not to spend too much as I’m going to Europe in June. My mum offered to sponsor me $300 for an iPhone 6 but nah. I have already spent so much in April!! 🙁
1. Purchased a Europe tour (more info soon!)
2. Batam weekend getaway (shopped till I dropped as usual)
3. Dyed my hair at a salon which I almost never do (just to accompany Ling Yue)
4. Did my nails at a shop which I almost never do (for fun… picked it all off in 2 weeks)
5. Treated my family to a $283 meal (the most we have ever spent on a meal I think?)
6. Keep going for buffets with my friends
7. Keep eating at new places and trying nice food
8. Dentist to fix my teeth (blog post coming up!)
Anyway, was greeted by the most beautiful sunset ever when I left office at around 7pm. Not gonna lie, this photo has been enhanced using Instagram. Here’s the original picture taken with my Samsung S3:
Another photo enhanced (over-the-top colours on purpose) using Photoshop:
Anyway, continuing from my previous post on Monday. Tuesday was no better and I was seriously about to fall apart by the end of the day. I guess I must have been unusually silent because Nazreen asked me if I was okay. I said something like, “Not really… But I’ll be.”
I’d wanted to simply brush it off and lie but even pretending was difficult… like I couldn’t even rearrange my expression in time. Told her to look at my face and mood on Thursday then we will know again.
Fortunately, Wednesday was great. Everything felt like rainbows and ponies again. How many times have we been through this? When will I learn that the source of my misery is my over-active mind?
So on Thursday, I told Nazreen, “I’m wearing my reasonably happy face” because I was feeling quite good but I could feel it wearing off already (wtf will I ever learn???).
She asked why is there a “reasonably” and said she thinks the “happy” shouldn’t be there because I sound anything but it. Lol I’m trying! Rome wasn’t built in a day.
I love quoting Vampire Diaries. I know it so well that I can reference and apply it to all sorts of situations. It’s amazing I followed a show for this long. I usually don’t even make it past half a season. Fuck emotional investment… all it gives you in return is pain and heartbreak.
Forget my non-existent happy face. This is my tired face. You know what kind of photos I hate editing the most? People! Especially of myself. I don’t even liquify but just the brightness / contrast / lighting / colors are a pain enough. Nothing will ever be as photogenic as food. First world problems.
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 2nd, 2015 at 1:26 am and is filed under Photographs. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.