Interview with the shark expert
February 12, 2011
…. I nearly wrote ‘vampire’ instead of ‘shark expert’.
Undoubtedly I’d explode before I even get to speak if Damon Salvatore was sitting in front of me.
Broadcast Presentation ICA4 was a live interview with some weird identity our lecturers posed as. They are supposed to do/say all sorts of crazy things and make it hard for us. I got Ms Soo acting as a shark expert. 2 people before me left the room in tears. My nerves were fried.
Okay it was on Thursday afternoon so I can’t remember exactly how it went.
- Went in, introduction, and asked my first question
“Huh? Can repeat what you said? I can’t hear well after the shark accident in which I lost an ear.”
- Repeated my question
“Sorry can you speak up and sit closer please?”
- Sat closer and asked about her accident instead
*rambles* “It’s okay, they are just sharks. I still love them.”
- Replied that I was sorry to *hear* about her accident w/o realising what I’d said
“Oh was that meant to be a pun?”
- Asked about her plans on shark conservation
*gives vague, offhand answer about how Singaporeans are the worst kind of people*
- Asked her why, she talked about shark fin consumption and asked if I ate shark fin
Lied and said used to, but not anymore
- Asked her what she plans to do to improve situation
“Oh, I plan to do something graphic!”
- Delves into a long description of shark body parts
- Didn’t dare cut her off for fear of being rude
- As a result, I exceed my 5-minute time limit and overran by a lot
It was kinda fun yet scary, but I’m glad everything is over. At least she answered instead of not talking at all, which I feel is a thousand times worse.
Earlier in the day we also had Storyboarding ICA4 presentations. We had to make 2-minute music video for an assigned song. Personally I liked the MVs for Back To December and Billionaire best. One was sooo sad that I teared and the other was epic funny.
Honestly I think my classmates’ concepts and MVs are better than the actual ones, for these 2 songs. HAHA. Back To December is stuck in my head! I love Taylor Swift’s songs. ♡