Reasons why periods suck

• You have no idea when it’s gonna strike.
  • You could wake up with the red sea in your panties.
  • Or it chooses to creep up on you while you are out. Without a pad.
  • It’s never on schedule no matter how long you’ve had it.
  • That icky feeling that we all know.
  • Stupid bizarre cravings.
  • No cold drinks. At all.
  • OMG cramps – hurts like fuck.
  • 7 shittiest days of the month.
  • Whereby I don’t feel like doing anything at all.
  • Except lie down and squirm in agony and sleep.
  • You wonder why you have to put up with this shit every month
  • My usually near-zero productivity is reduced to negative.
  • Feel like the crappiest and ugliest person ever
  • But you don’t even care anymore
  • Just willing for the days to pass quickly and it to be all over
  • Pads aren’t exactly the most comfortable thing on Earth.
  • Must remember to carry extra pads when going out.
  • Have to avoid white bottoms and go for dark colors.
  • The smell is like rotten fish.
  • Your pee is red not yellow anymore.
  • I don’t even like the color red.
  • Peeing and pooing are more gross than ever.
  • The constant feeling of want-to-shit-don’t-want-to-shit
  • It always leaks especially when sleeping.
  • Not only do I have to keep changing pads.
  • I have to keep changing panties and sometimes my pants too.
  • Don’t even talk about leaking when you are outside.
  • Staining your bedsheets is worse than staining your clothes.
  • So you gotta sleep in some awkward position to avoid that at all costs.
  • After taking a shower, you can’t wipe your vagina with your towel.
  • Because the blood will stain it.
  • So you have to put your underwear right away without drying it .
  • And it feels all weird.
  • My already rotten temper takes a turn for the worse.
  • You can feel it flow when you sneeze, cough, laugh, jump, stand, ANYTHING.
  • And then it repeats all over again before you know it

Inspired by x and x

Good things about periods:

• Knowing you are not pregnant

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 5th, 2011 at 8:51 pm and is filed under Recommended. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

55 Responses to “Reasons why periods suck”

1. Alisa
    2:07 am on May 27th, 2011

This is the truth, amen to your life. <3

2. Kirsten
    5:33 am on May 27th, 2011

A-freaking-MEN

3. Jenna
    11:02 pm on July 26th, 2011

So true, im on mine right now and im sooo pissed off all i am doing is sitting on my lazy butt and eating cookies all day. Ugh this sucks !!!

4. maddie
    11:38 am on August 10th, 2011

YES! 100% TRUE. Ugh, pad’s. I hate when they leak through and you ruin your favorite undies :(. I got these new one’s, that have peace sign’s and glow in the dark. . 3 Day’s later period start’s, BYEBYE NEW UNDIES! :(

5. Gymnastjoan
    3:14 am on August 16th, 2011

Omg!! Yes middle of the night cramps are the worst when u can’t sleep they hurt so bad AND having ur period during gymnastics suckss!!

6. wtfhunny
    10:52 am on August 22nd, 2011

totall agree with most of this. but sooo much of this could be fixed with tampons 10000000000000x better than pads. also cold drinks? sometimes they give me cramps but start the whole cycle over what??? but on the whole this is very funny and soo relateable haha

7. Kay
    1:53 pm on December 10th, 2011

omg i laughed my head off reading this!! XDD
    my mom says its a curse from satin XDDD

8. Lily
    1:16 am on January 9th, 2012

Omggg! I’m on my period right now and it sucksss butttttttttttt! These comments and ur reasons got my crackin up! Lol. Made my sucky day. :)

9. ali
    1:07 pm on February 12th, 2012

my hero.

10. Maddie:)
    4:30 am on February 17th, 2012

I hate my life,right now lol…i dont want to do anything…XD

11. LovelyJoy
    12:15 pm on February 22nd, 2012

Havent gotten mine yet. (Thank god) ;) but these were great tips so when I do get it, i can know what I will go through. Thanks. Your really funny! (:

12. Stupid Period...
    8:46 am on March 2nd, 2012

I’m on mine now. I’m laying down on my bed reading this with a Ipad. I’m to mad to get up because.
    1) The feeling you get when you get up.
    2) Having to check your underwear to see if u stained wear your buttcrack starts.

13. brandi
    10:10 am on March 9th, 2012

lol so true but tampoons make everything SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much(alot more o’s) better, and cold drinks? i’ve never had that problem

14. Elli
    9:03 am on April 1st, 2012

AHHH This is so true, I have to go to a meeting tommorow and my period is late and i’m so worried it will come in the middle of the meeting when I CANNOT for any reason step out!!

15. Harriet
    8:03 am on April 14th, 2012

Also standing up – feels like a waterfall in your pants :/
    I have to use both tampon and pads. at the same time D: Mother nature is a bitch.

16. Nea
    10:18 pm on May 20th, 2012

Those are fucki’n true!!! All of it… in fact that’s the reason I searched for the article… I feel every single thing right now! ugh!-_-

17. gymnasticsgurl
    3:00 pm on June 3rd, 2012

im on my period rite now and i feel like shit and i had to explain to my male teacher why i had to go to the bathroom

18. Jo
    7:33 am on June 6th, 2012

I had to look this up to make me feel better cause I jut destroyed my only pair of sweatpants and my favorite pair of underwear. think you for making me feel better!!!!!

19. fml
    12:13 pm on June 30th, 2012

AAARRRGGHH! I know right!!Its disgusting,painful and irritating. and it’s even more annoying when boys dont get how you feel during your period. They think we’re over reacting…that pisses me off SO much X(

20. ikrrr
    11:51 pm on July 2nd, 2012

mine used to be on schedule…still sucked but atleast i would know when im getting them…now they became “synced” with my sister’s cuz we share a room and it’s sooooo annoying cuz i have no idea when im gonna get it and i have exams coming up….this list is the story of my life -.-

21. Heh heh, no. -.-
    6:25 am on July 27th, 2012

Having a cold while on your period.

22. XXdevXX
    5:47 am on August 11th, 2012

I usually wake up in the morning on a beautiful sunny day and go pee thinking its gonna be an amazing day, I’m gonna exercise, swim, go on a date with that hottie from science class and maybe wear my white shorts or maybe the peach o-‘wipes’ oh crap!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN AND MY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!!! My back hurts, my boobs hurt, I crave taco bell, I cry while watching transformers, I yell at my sister to shut up randomly, and most of all I just want all the boys to fall of the face of the earth because they laugh and say “you’ll live”. Bish please

23. Lizzy
    1:10 am on August 24th, 2012

Totally how I feel now. I just want to stay in my bed with the covers over my head. Not go to my freshman night. At least my period will be over by the start of school. But thank you Mother Nature for ruining my last 4 days of freedom. Oh, and try traveling out of state for the day. It’s the friggen red sea in your vigina and underwear. Goodbye skinny jeans, and the occasional skirt. Thanks for the cramps and bloating. I’m gonna go take Ibuprofen now.

24. ashley
    7:25 am on September 2nd, 2012

it always comes at the most fucking awkwardest moments, and on your busiest weekends, i had to cheer at a game, go to chuck e cheese for a birthday party and theres a cookout/swimming pool party and i have year book pictures so ill have major acne and what not. fml forreal and also im pissing everyone off cuz im on bitch mode, come at me, ill cut you. then we can bleed together lol sorry .

25. Jessica
    2:06 pm on October 9th, 2012

And, this may sound kinda gross, it makes me feel all itchy on my vagina, so idk what the fuck to do about it!

26. Jade
    11:01 am on October 31st, 2012

ughghhhhhhhhh I hate when im sitting down in class then I stand up and it’s fucking NIAGRA FALLS

27. Luna
    9:13 am on December 10th, 2012

Omg this list is so true.Periods are such a waste of time,money,and energy.Yesterday I was very light even though it was only the 2nd day so today i decided not to wear a pad or tampon and went out shopping.Then i felt A LOT oozing out ugh it was so gross when i went to the bathroom my undies were soaked.So i went home and put in a tampon,then threw out my panties.4 hours later i pull out the tampon and there’s barely ANY BLOOD. i feel so dumb and mad!!

28. on it now -_-
    1:31 pm on December 25th, 2012

Going to sleep on white sheets, waking up on Japanese flag.

29. Lele
    2:47 pm on December 28th, 2012

Lmao this is so funny BUT very true.im on mine now and im fuckin MISERABLE ^_^ I swear if I did’nt want kids I would have my uterus removed :/

30. Rochelle
    11:06 am on January 15th, 2013

Having to change EVERY day that’s so annoying and frustrated

31. Jodee
    4:22 am on January 17th, 2013

Yep. I just started yesterday, for the first time. This thing is so stupid, and I don’t know why it’s necessary. Amen to this post! And screw Mother Nature!

32. Michelle
    1:23 am on January 22nd, 2013

OMG I agree with everything. I just found one of the coolest things that makes my period suck less. It’s called Scensibles Bags–easy to use and tie disposal bags that are scented. Now I am no longer embarrassed to have my boyfriend come over during that time.

33. i love yhu for this girl XDD
    12:11 am on January 26th, 2013

well, this is perfect.. i looked this up in the middle of class and me and my friend were doing a class project. we wanted to be stupid and look up why periods suck cause we were on them at tht time and cramping like fuck. we BUSTED out laughing and my teacher read the whole thing….. and… laughed harder than we did!!! loveeddddd it!! all is SOOOO true

34. Sasha
    10:25 am on June 2nd, 2013

Everything that you said was true. I’m 30 years old and mines came on this morning while I was sleeping in bed. It was also 3 days late and I was already getting a little worried because I always come on either on the 27th or 28th of every month so I’m pretty regular. I was glad to see it come on (had engaged in some risky behavior with the bf) but it sucks! I’m moody, feel huge, nothing in my kitchen is what I want to eat and these pads during the hot month of June is not what I want to be. 5 days of this crap…smh!

35. JAYNE
    1:05 pm on June 2nd, 2013

so very true no matter what your age. floods are horrible, blood is discusting and nausiating, you have cramps everywhere, eveb ones that seem like contractions inside, hips hurt, pain is there, have to worry about floods, limits what you can do, feel gross and wish it was over or a guy, migranes don;t help either or feeling like passing out because of it all. wish it never had to happen, lasts too long because it is always more then a week.
    horrible.

36. JAYNE
    1:22 pm on June 2nd, 2013

also pains, back, stomach, hip, leg, waist line, headache, nausia,dizzy, vomitting, blood, floods, soacked clothing, dripping feelings, stomach aches, not fun, not wanting to be home, anxiety is stronger then normal, up at night, eveb is even
    sickning feeling, cant wait until next friday, when it is all over!!!

37. amanda
    3:49 am on June 6th, 2013

omg This is true i woke this morning thinking it was gonna be a good and normal day and i end up starting my period the worst part is i didnt think i was gonna start it this week so im at my grandmas house with nothing but just toilet paper ugh! atleast this made me laugh

38. KarenAllen
    10:34 pm on July 16th, 2013

Worst thing ever.. You don’t feel like yourself.. And I find that I constantly have a hard time doing just normal things.

and you cant wear things you usually do because they don’t fit like they usually do…

39. Loniya
    5:54 pm on July 18th, 2013

So true!!!!!!!!! I’m on mine at the moment, and REALLY pissed off coz I was invited to a swimming party….and can’t go because of the period. :/

40. USE TAMPONS U IDIOTS
    10:46 am on July 22nd, 2013

Tampons motherfucker… seriously whoever invented them deserves a medal. You stick one in, take a painkiller, and voila, it’s like its not there. TAMPONS ARE SO MUCH BETTER AND YOU CAN’T EVEN FEEL THEM… a pad is like wearing a nappy -.-

41. Sarah
    4:08 am on August 9th, 2013

HOLY CRAP YES. finally a page that doesnt talk about why you shouldnt hate ur period! why should u love it anyway?!? im on my period now and i freaking feel like i just want to die. the cramps are drving me up the wall. and i just ran out of pads. FML. so now i have to tell my dad why i need to go to cvs right now.

42. Natalie
    8:54 am on August 9th, 2013

“The constant feeling of want-to-shit-don’t-want-to-shit” Amen .

43. Renee
    12:43 pm on August 15th, 2013

Oh my god yes! Sneezing is one of the worst.

44. Mel
    6:56 am on September 7th, 2013

Plus, I don’t like Pads OR tampons. Shoving something up your lady crack? gross. and pads feel like a big bloody daiper.

45. Brigit
    11:36 pm on December 20th, 2013

Omyygod this is so true I hate taking a crap it suck and then guys are like “well I’d we get kicked in the balls it really hurts and you girls have it easy.” and I like excuse me have you even tried giving birth to something the size of a watermelon through down ther? No. Have you been bleeding down there for one week nonstop? I don’t think so!

46. Mackenzie
    9:23 pm on January 22nd, 2014

I’m a cheerleader and we have a game today:/ guess what? I just started mine-_-

47. Holafuckers
    3:20 pm on January 25th, 2014

No but I’m like on my period right now (for the fucking first time may I add) and I want to kill my phone my pillow everything that makes noise… go. Jump. Off. A. Cliff. If you can’t tell I’m in a shitty mood. I’m volenteering tomorrow. How fucking embarrassing

48. Grace
    4:07 am on February 15th, 2014

This is so true. It feels like someone is stabbing you in the stomach and butt every 2 minutes for 7 days. HOLY CRAP FML and I’m sitting here eating chocolate reading this while clenching my sides in pain >___< owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

49. KathyAnne38
    3:01 am on February 20th, 2014

I gotta agree with every single one of these!!! X_X i am on my period right now and omg i am in school. sweatpants are good for periods but it sucks when the blood seeks through my undies T_T… its worse when u cough or sneeze because all this blood oozes out and ughhhh :(

50. alexandra
    9:56 pm on February 21st, 2014

Okay, mine doesn’t smell like much of anything, let alone Totten fish…that sounds problematic, lol….everything else, I agree with. Being a pussy parent is tough.

51. Nerd Twilight
    6:02 am on March 7th, 2014

I am on mine and I hate it. I snezzed and I ruined my fav pair of undies. Whenever I stand up I have to check if I leaked….. my grandmother is taking me and my sister to the mall to walk around while on my period hope it goes away by then on 2nd day have for 3 days -_-

52. nikki
    5:38 am on March 28th, 2014

C’mon Menopause!!! Having my period is getting old…

53. Emi
    3:40 am on March 30th, 2014

Hate periods, these are all so true!! It sucks, I have it now and basically all day today everything I sit on, when I get up there is a red patch plus woke up this morning to find my bed sheets had turned into the Japanese flag overnight, hate it! Pads are so uncomfortable, but i have tried tampons and I just can’t put them in! I’m scared I’ll do it wrong, or get Toxic shock syndrome, plus the idea of sticking something up there is horrid to me! So yeah, so true and #hate periods.

54. Shalia
    4:00 am on June 9th, 2014

Laughed my ass off. My daughter complains every month. Menopause ain’t a picnic, but trust me, you will welcome it when it comes. Hallelujah, I’m two years in. There is hope! :-)

55. Kate
    10:38 am on October 28th, 2014

Oh my God! SO true. I HATE my period. Seriously. Like, a LOT. I’d rather eat a bowl full of dirt than have my period.