August 30, 2014
Been trying to get back into regular lifestyle blogging (and failing miserably) because I can’t stand the idea of the idea of not remembering anything from the past 20 years down the road.
Lol I bet you won’t hear from me for at least a month again after this post but whatever. Gonna start by backtracking into the last week where quite a few good things happened actually.
Editor drove us out for lunch last Friday (Aug 29) and treated us to Arnold’s Fried Chicken 😀 We were just running out of ideas on what to eat for lunch in the neighbourhood. My first time trying Arnold’s!
Just the day before (Aug 28) we were at this prata place and they had a new menu. There was this hot dog prata that looked quite good and promising:
Decided to try it with egg and what I got was this:
Doesn’t even look the same LOL CAN YOU FEEL MY DISAPPOINTMENT?? (Btw I got the ‘Expectations’ picture by Googling ‘hot dog prata’ and it was the very first image that appeared so I guess that’s what they did) But to be fair, it tasted quite all right.
Macarons from OCBC and mooncakes from Ritz Carlton all for me 😉 Companies send us gifts quite often especially during festive occasions; as some PR thing I guess? Hehehe job perks.
Love the packaging and both looked just as good on the inside. The macarons even came with a Chinese chess set. My mum was so thrilled when I brought both boxes home. That was after I lugged them home in a box and everyone looked at me like I just got sacked.
Watched Lucy (7/10) with Andre after work that day (Aug 26) too at AMK Hub. I liked it but he didn’t! Thought it was pretty original and entertaining. Scarlett Johansson you so fine… funnily enough, we’ve seen all her 2014 movies together.
– Under The Skin was beautifully bizarre (5/10)
– Captain America 2 was okay (preferred the prequel, 5/10)
– Chef didn’t have enough of her (first movie I’ve seen with zero conflict, 5/10)
In fact I’ve seen all her 2013 movies too. Don Jon (6/10) was hilarious and meaningful but didn’t like how it ended. Her (6/10) was boring, pretentious yet well-directed and meaningful at the same time.
Dinner before Lucy. I love tom yum yu mian!! Anyway, it was a total disaster before we entered the cinema all because we tried to sneak drinks in (like we always do).
1. Bought my milk tea and orange juice which we tried hiding my tote
2. Spillage probably because I’m using a different, bigger bag aka more space to wobble
3. Tried to wipe my stuff and went back for new straws
4. Decided to put the drinks in the plastic bag (it had a base) with my mooncakes and macarons
5. Cinema stuff said bulky items weren’t allowed inside so we had to leave the box with them
6. Lied that I’m going to try moving the things into my tote
7. Shifted the drinks over into my tote
8. Spillage in the plastic bag so wiped everything again
9. Threw straws away and said we’d get new ones later
10. Gave cinema staff the box and pretended that we’d changed our minds
11. Went to claim free popcorn
12. Sat down in our seats just as the Cathay logo appeared
13. Realised we forgot our straws so he went back out to get them
Thank goodness no one missed the movie.
“I have orange juice hands.”
“OJ hands sound good.”
“Do you want a OJ slap?”
Seen quite a lot of movies together this year actually (particularly ever since my usual movie buddy aka David left for the other end of the world. We used to watch till there was not a single title currently screening that we hadn’t watched).
“It didn’t get under my skin, just on my nerves.”
– Some critic’s review HAHAHA
– Wolf of Wall Street (Idc it didn’t any Academy Awards it was hilarious and Leo was amazing, 8/10)
– Deliver Us From Evil (shitty ending… plus we all know horror films aren’t supposed to be happy 4,/10)
– Sex Tape (entertaining but let’s face it — trashy like with most romantic comedies, 4/10)
Just to add on. Leonardo DiCaprio was fantastic as always but I knew he never stood a chance the moment I watched Dallas Buyers Club with Matthew McConaughey… even though I like Leo much better. So everyone else bitching about his once-again snub, just shut up ok?
This entry is getting way too long so I’ll stop here… I still have so much to share!! Working tomorrow morning even though it’s a Sunday.